San Antonio, Texas has some beautiful parks and outdoor spaces that are perfect for picnicking. Of course, unless you bring all of the right gear, your picnic may not go according to plan. Imagine how disappointing it would be if you forgot your utensils or if you didn’t have a blanket to spread out on the grass.
Fortunately, this guide has all of the information that you need to pack for a picnic so that you don’t forget any essentials at home. Here is a list of items that you should consider bringing along:
1. A blanket or picnic table. If you are going to be eating on the ground, a blanket can help keep moisture from the grass from getting your pants wet while you sit and eat. If you are going to be eating at a picnic table, a tablecloth can be a good option since the tables are often covered with old pine needles, leaves, or other debris.
2. Cups, plates, and utensils. Depending on what you are eating, make sure that you have the right dishes available. If you are just bringing along finger food, you don’t have to worry as much about utensils. Carefully think through your meal, however, to make sure that you don’t leave any important dishes at home.
3. Food. It goes without saying that you need to bring along food for your picnic. Usually, the best types of picnic food are relatively simple. For instance, sandwiches and chips are a good option since you don’t need a lot of extra utensils to eat them.
4. Sunscreen and bug spray. Nothing can ruin a picnic faster than getting a sunburn or getting eaten alive by bugs.
5. A wine bottle opener. If you are having a romantic picnic with a bottle of wine, don’t forget to bring a corkscrew. Otherwise, you may be stuck looking at the bottle of wine rather than drinking it.
6. A trash bag. Bring along a bag that you can use to collect all of your waste in case there aren’t garbage cans nearby.
7. Moist towelettes. Eating outdoors can be messy business. Bring along wet wipes to clean up your hands after you are done eating.
Having a picnic in San Antonio can be a lot of fun – especially when you bring all of the right gear along with you. Use this list when you are packing to make sure that you don’t forget anything important at home.